What Is An NHS Health Check?
The NHS Health Check is designed to spot early signs of kidney disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, heart disease and dementia.
You are eligible if you are:
- Aged between 40 to 74
And do not have any of the following pre-existing conditions:
- Heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- High blood pressure (Hypertension)
- Atrial fibrillation
- Transient ischaemic attack
- Inherited high cholesterol (Familial hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart failure
- Are currently being prescribed statins to lower cholesterol
- Previous checks have found that you have a 20% or higher risk of getting cardiovascular disease over the next 10 years.
If you are eligible as above, you are entitled to a free NHS Health Check every 5 years. Please contact the surgery to book in. This requires a blood test 1 week before.