It is important that we listen to and understand the views and ideas of patients who use our services. By completing a simple online questionnaire patients will be encouraged to give their views about how the practice is doing.
The information gained will make an important contribution to areas including:
- Raising awareness of patient issues
- Suggestions for clinics and facilities
- Developing the group for long term use to build into an effect “real” patient participation group within the practice
Patient participation groups were developed as a way to extend patient involvement. A format that encourages people to engage with the NHS at the same time as engaging in their own health care.
They can provide practical support for the practice and can contribute to the continuous improvement of services.
The practice’s PPG group meets on a six-weekly basis.
- To participate in the health improvement of the local population
- To encourage patients to engage in their own healthcare
- To have knowledge on issues that impact on health
- Being a signpost to other services and agencies
- Sharing experience and feeding back
- Identifying areas with scope for improvement
- Highlighting excellence
- Turning knowledge into action
- Supporting change
- Bringing peers together for mutual encouragement
- Promoting self-management
- Linking into the community
- Provide services/facilities in the surgery i.e. resource library, health promotion information (where space allows).
- Help with patient surveys, and discuss results.
- Contribute to service development and decision making.
- Lobby local organisations, patients etc.
- A forum for individual complaints
- A tool for Implementation of the Governments or any individuals pre-determined agenda
- Unwanted extra workload